Summer Fun at Leave It to Beaver
"Exploring the Natural World"
With the technology age being the core of our existence, we tend to flee away from nature and the beauty of the outside world. Kids of the technology era can tell you how to do anything with a laptop, iPad, iPhone, cellphone, etc, but if you ask them how to make a "mud-pie" or plant a tomato, they would be baffled. For Summer 2013, Leave It to Beaver Child Care (LITB) will expose the kids to
making mud pies, visiting the zoo, parks, planting tomatoes, discussing animals, plants and their importance to our existence.
Nature is so important in the nurture of our children and we at LITB plan to have a fun time doing just that!
JULY 16TH, TYRONE'S WORLD, VENTRILOQUIST
JULY 19TH, PAJAMA DAY
JULY 26TH, CHUCK-E-CHEESES
AUG. 6th, INFLATION NATION
AUG. 13TH, CARMIKE THEATER
FUN TURTLE FACTS
- Turtles are reptiles.
- Turtles have a hard shell that protects them like a shield, this upper shell is called a ‘carapace’.
- Turtles also have a lower shell called a ‘plastron’.
- Turtles can hide their heads inside their shells when attacked by predators.
- Turtles have existed for around 215 million years.
FUN PLANT FACTS
- Around 2000 different types of plants are used by humans to make food.
- Some plants are carnivores, gaining nutrients by eating various small insects and spiders. A well known example of a carnivorous plant is the Venus Flytrap.